Continued....
1. Splash Mountain - Zippity doo dah, the ride that an imagineer came up with while stuck in traffic one day. Uncle Remus and Brer Rabbit, one of the best stories that's locked away b/c of political correctness
2. Big Thunder Mountain - a fun, tame roller coaster ride. Let me know if you want the "story" of this ride.
3. Space Mountain - the third of the mountains...was actually conceived by Walt before technology could give it to them. All of these were built after Walt passed, but I'm sure he would have approved. They're all popular. Use the fast pass
4. Matterhorn at Disneyland - tell you what, I'll do Disneyland in a separate post. Good story behind that ride too.
5. Tiki Room - because it's an original, although they changed the show in Disneyworld. Original is still in Disneyland. Did you know originally it was going to be a sit-down dinner show? Try the Dole Whips.
6. Haunted Mansion - another that Walt had his hand in. They've recently updated it and added more special effects. A classic.
7. Mickey's Philharmagic - the best little show at Disneyworld. Kids love it. Adults do too.
8. You've got to ride the train around the park - because Walt loved trains and every version of the vision of his park had a train that went around it.
9. Carousel of Progress - built by Walt for General Electric and the 1964 World's Fair.
Kiddies will like the dark rides and Mickey's Toon Town but I could take or leave that. I'm also not too excited about the rest of Tomorrowland. I guess when I have a little boy, I might have to spend some time at Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I haven't seen Monster's Inc. laugh thing yet.
Next will be the Must Sees at Epcot. One of the last things Walt was thinking about before he passed in 1966 was the layout of Epcot, which is nothing like what ended up getting built. Another story for another day. Just remember, before Disneyland, there were no amusement parks. Only dirty carnivals and park carousels. Walt paved the way for the fun you have now at any amusement park.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your mom is reading your blog. It is great to think about you taking your little boy to Disney ----along with his big sister. Love you, Mom
Here's a good question for ya, what's the best way to rent a car if you're staying at one of the resorts (we're going to SeaWorld one day)? Just use the concierge? or get Enterprise to pick you up?
Post a Comment