Many people have said that Walt had one foot in history and one foot in the future. I relate to that. Of the many things that Walt had that I don’t, one was the ability to dream the dream and then act through it’s completion. While he probably wouldn’t have been as successful as he was without his brother, who managed the business side, few can match his work ethic and perseverance. He laid everything on the line several times because he believed in the product he was offering -- a product that has brought smiles to countless millions then and since.
One more thing…his girls always thought Walt and his movies a bit corny, to which he told them "What’s wrong with corny?". I’ve been accused of the same thing, which I come by honestly. Thanks, Dad.
Over the coming months, at the encouragement of my wife, I will be listing some of our experiences at the Disney parks that might help some folks with decisions around this very important event. I love to hear from people who have taken their kids for the first time to witness the magic. Trips to Disney World and Disneyland can be daunting, and for those not prepared, not very fun. So, if I can help make it a better experience, great. We’ll see where this little experiment goes. I will admit that Disney today is a bit more short term in their thinking than I would like and seem to want to figure out every possible way to separate you from your money, but on the whole, I still think if you do it right, the return is worth the investment. So, stay tuned...
2 comments:
Bro,
Really cool to see your thoughts put down as a tribute to Herman Barnhart Stracke. I'm reminded of him every time I look at my chin in the mirror! Love your sentimental spirit and maybe one day I'll follow through on this Disney thing.
After reading this: should we start a business together? See ya,
Todd
Scott,
You really do have a gift for writing. Keep up writing your thoughts. I like to think that you grew up in a great time --when Disney movies were great entertainment and you were exposed to the wonderful world of imagination. I love you. Mom
Post a Comment