Sunday, November 23, 2008

thanksgiving

It's been a while. What keeps me busy is what blesses me most. Heather and I both like to stay inside. We're not the type that always needs to be around other people..doing things. We have to make ourselves get together with friends sometimes. But as it gets colder, and now with two little ones running around the house, cabin fever can start to set in. The next 2 months will be eventful. Thanksgiving in Missouri, the next week at Disneyworld, back in a week, then off to London for a 3 night 4 day work thing. Then, back a week and Christmas.

I'm fortunate to have a job. I think the next year will be a difficult one for many people. I'm very thankful to God about how things have worked out career-wise. I shake my head wondering how a guy who couldn't pass the CPA exam ended up selling services to fortune 1000 companies and getting to go to London. I believe you make your own luck, but life is full of it..both good and bad.

Always remember...there's something around the next corner. Don't necessarily plan for it, but be prepared for it, by accepting it as the next phase in this crazy thing called life. And when I don't feel like I'm doing anything to promote my God and savior to others, I look at the sweet faces of Emmy and Eli (especially when they're asleep) and realize I'm doing something for God with the two of them. Love em dearly. Can't get enough of them. And yeah, I get a big kick out of my son looking just like me.

Ramblings for the day. I'll post about our trip to Florida. I'm praying for good weather and health, for those going and those not.

Have a blessed week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when you post ---do it more often. I wouldn't have looked today if you hadn't mentioned the posting. We loved having you with us --precious times with family. We,too, are looking forward to next week at Disney after about two weeks of heavy hearts. We love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Some might consider the good things in your life luck but I consider them blessings from God that you chose to do. Keep allowing God to lead you, especially with the two little ones. God lead you to Heather, didn't He? God bless. DAD

Heather said...

God does have quite a sense of humor, doesn't He, Ed???

Just kidding. Scott, your post made me all warm and fuzzy and proud to be your wife.