Enjoyed church this morning, more than I seem to have in a while, which I'd like to say is due to getting 2 kids ready to go in the morning and dealing with the grind. But that would be what we call an excuse, now wouldn't it? My buddy Phillip led worship and included an oldie "His Grace Reaches Me." Don't know the last time I sang that but my mood lifted the instant I saw it on the program. Love the new praise songs but an oldie every now and then seems to lift my old soul.
My sister also recently mentioned the difference between a winter christian and a summer one. I know which category I fall in. That's been on my mind a lot lately too. And, one of the stories in the lesson this morning was about Peter walking on water. I thought it even before Tim mentioned it in the sermon. We concentrate on the fact that Peter's faith began to waiver, therefore he sank. But what was he thinking stepping off a boat in the first place! What trust. Wish I had that kind of trust.
It was a good day today. We got a new used golf cart and Emmy just loves riding around in it. She was good today about taking a nap so we took her out for dinner and ice cream. I'm creating a monster on the ice cream front I'm afraid. We also had a wonderful night last night with the neighbors in a little block party. We do love where we live. If we could only find a yard.....
One last thing..back to Disney. We're a little over a month away from our December trip with my parents and my niece Madison. We can't wait. We also recently made our reservations for a trip in May with the Duncans. That will be a blast...2 of the days will be at Vero Beach, then over to Orlando for 2 nights at the Boardwalk Villas and a day at the park.
Life is good...as long as I don't check my 401K! That will come around too.
And yes, mom...Grandpa was a democrat. But he was an old democrat. Not sure if he'd be one today.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You think Herman would have lookedat Mrs. Palen and said, "Hey babe". I miss him. DAD
I got excited when I put "His Grace Reaches Me" on the order of worship! Some of those old tunes are amazing, but don't hold your breath for "Ring the Message Out"... or "Mansions Over the Hilltop"... or especially "As the Life of A Flower". Most depressing song EVER.
P Duncan
What a wonderful testamonia. I'm glad you guys got a golf cart. They made people stop rideing them on the streets here. One or two complaints, messes a good thing up for everyone.
I miss ALL of you. I hope to see You All soon.
God Bless You All
David H.
I also ment to say, that we agree about the political situation. No Political Partie has any loyality and polititions run on what ever ticket they think will elect them. Both main Parties are full of Greed and corruption from top to bottom and the truth is not in any of them.
David H.
Post a Comment