Sunday, September 14, 2008

Walt and dogs

As a follow up to yesterday's post on Arthur, I did want to make mention that Walt loved dogs as well. There are many stories that evidence this fact, none more interesting than when he bought his wife Lillian a chow one Christmas and had her in a box with a ribbon around it. Yes, just like the scene in Lady and the Tramp, which he resurrected to commemorate that moment. You had Pluto and his traditional non-speaking role and Goofy, who for some reason, got a voice....but is still a dog. Haven't come across the reason for that really, other than the fact that Pluto is Mickey's dog and was first to make an appearance and is therefore a secondary character. Goofy was a primary character so I guess they needed to give him a speaking role. Pluto got the short end of that thrown stick!

You see dogs all throughout Disney movies, from Lady and the Tramp, to the Shaggy DA, The Fox and the Hound, Old Yeller (we're feeling that one right now), 101 Dalmations. Can you think of any others??

Peace to all
Scott

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's some more dog pictures from Disney: Lady and Tramp II-Scamp's adventure; Snow Dogs; Beverly Hills Chuahua; The Shaggy Dog; 102 Dalmations; Air Bud - Golden Retriever. Now aren't you proud of your old mom. Of course, I had some help - couldn't remember any of them on my own. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Have you picked out your next puppy yet? Do like Mark Meador and go to the "Pound" and pick one out that is "guar-ron-teed" not to shed. Those make the best pets. White hair does well too. Easy to spot on the dark carpet. Blessings. Papaw

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott: I know at soom time in the future, You Guys will wan another dog. I will check with some of my dog expert friends, and come up with a breed that has a calm loving personality, good around children, easy to house train, and does not shead. I'm not sure that breed exist, but if I find it I'll let you know.

David H.