Monday, June 9, 2008

epiphany?

I may have had one today driving home from work. There was a commercial on and a song played in the background that sounded like music that's background for one of the events that Disney puts on. You know..pulls at the heart-string and gets stuck in your head. The American pavilion has one of those in it's show - "America, spread your golden wings..." And it hit me.

I'm not a guy you can pigeonhole. I like numbers but do well managing people, giving sales presentations, thinking strategically. At work I get to all of those things right now so feel very fulfilled. I'm also not right-brained or left-brained..I'm kind of middle-brained. I like the typical "guy stuff", like sports, working in the yard, playing poker with the boys. But, I like watching HGTV with my wife, doing chores around the house, shopping, reading books in funny voices to my little girl. So, how does that relate to Disney? Well, are there many guys out there that are true red-blooded men who would admit they like Disney like I do? I must be a little light in the loafers??? Nope...not it.

I love history...love it. I love nostalgia. I've said on this post I'm an old soul and was born in the wrong decade - frontier land, liberty square. I yearn for a simpler time, slowing things down, sitting on the front porch talking politics, listening to a ballgame on the radio - main street. By the way, I love baseball on tv, but if you have a chance to listen to a good baseball broadcaster, do it. I loved growing up to Jack Buck and the Cardinals. Ok, I digress. I love the future too and the prospects it holds - Tomorrowland. I'm fascinated by science - Epcot. I love parades and love music, all kinds. I love traveling and you can kind of get a bit of that at Epcot. I love Walt's story..someone who made it on their own. Nothing was given to him. I love kids and the parks are full of them - fantasyland. I love watching their faces and just trying to feel what they're feeling while there. I could go on and on.

This post is for those of you who have thought Scott was losing any of his love for things Disney. I haven't. I'm just a lazy blogger. And for those of you who might thing the DVC is a bad investment...well, keep searching for those deals out there. In 10 years, you won't get the deal I have. That one's for you, Duncans.

2 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Love you, Scott! You are a cool dude, even if you were born in the wrong decade!

Anonymous said...

Great to read a little more about what is going on in my son's middle brain. Love you, Mom