Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My new, little Mouseketeer

Eli Scott has arrived. He showed up on Wednesday morning, March 19 at 7:55 am and weighed 9 lbs 8 oz. and was 21 inches long. My little mouseketeer. Heather has called him "Brother Bear" (because he does have a bit (ok, a lot) of dark baby fur and a head full of black hair) trying to keep the Disney thing going. It's a fun time at the house these days. We're dealing with sleep deprivation but it's definitely worth it. We were driving around yesterday and today with all 4 of us in the car and I thought how cool it was to have a full family in the minivan. I'm a lucky man. A great wife who's a wonderful mom, a great little girl who's so excited to be a big sister and now a son who I can teach how to fish and hit a baseball...not that Emmy won't want to learn that too. I see many Disney trips in the future. Maybe Disney will ask us to model for them. They always show a family with a girl and a boy and they build the rooms for a family of four.

**Now for a shout out to you C-section moms... As the nurses were working on Eli after he was born, I stole a look over at the table where they were working on Heather. I saw a lot of stuff; stuff that had to be put back in. I didn't get queasy, but I do have a new appreciation for recovery and for Percoset.

Also, a thanks out to Mom and Dad for their help..and for my 80+ old Grandma for mopping our floors.

back to posting a bit more often now that I have some new experiences to share...

4 comments:

Mary Alice said...

It was great seeing you four today. It was just the lift my spirit needed.

One of these days I'll let you tell me what you saw on the operating table. You know, so I can freak myself out even more the next time they have to cut me open. ;)

Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Son, I am so reminded of the fact that God answers prayers .... with the birth of little Eli. We are all so blessed that God gave you Heather, Emily, and now Eli. You are a blessed man. We love you so much and are missing you already. Nana

Anonymous said...

It's so cool Scott to hear you talk about your little boy and the proud sister in the home. In case we wondered, after a birth it's overwhelming how amazing women are! Can't wait to see the little guy on Friday. God is good...all the time!
Uncle Todd

Unknown said...

Scott, you truly do have an amazing family and they are lucky to have such a caring and thoughtful husband/father.

I'm sure your parents and grandmother were more than happy to help out, but it was nice of you to publically acknowledge that and thank them. I'm sure that meant a lot to them.

Love,
The M-I-L