I'm getting excited about having a son. We're due in just a couple of weeks and we've been working on the nursery. No, nothing Disney. Lots of Baseball stuff though. St. Louis Cardinals baseball is another love of mine, along with history. So, we're combining those 2 things with a bit of a vintage baseball theme going. If anyone has "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" sung in lullaby, let me know. My dad coached me in baseball when I was little and those are some of the best, most vivid memories I have of my childhood. I can't wait to do that with my son...and my daughter, for that matter. My daughter has my heart. My son will have my name and I know I'll relive my childhood through him. I've been told watching him will awaken long-forgotten memories. That will be cool. Can't wait to see you Eli!
By the way, first trip to Disneyworld was when I was 14, in 1984 with my family. I remember it well...I remember how hot it was (middle of the summer). That was a great vacation..didn't have many that long or expensive. I'm not sure how mom and dad paid for that. Do you think my kids will be there a few times before they're 14? Emmy's already been 3 times and she just turned 3!
Have a good one everybody!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'd like to add that Em's first trip was when she was 4 months old. And her second and third trips were within 6 months of each other! Just hope we don't deplete some of the "magic" by going so often! ;o)
I am not sure that you can ever get tired of Disney. I think I could go once a week and probably still cry every time I see Cinderella's castle!
Scott, you are a cool dude. And we can't wait to meet Eli too!!
Scott,
We too are amxious to meet little Eli. I am sure that it will bring back a lot of memories of when you were a little boy. I wonder if he will have lots of black hair like you did? Or, he could be another redhead.....either way, we will love him lots. I can't wait to see Emily mother him the way that Shelli mothered you. Love, Mom
Oops! I should have proofread the comment ----that's anxious, which is what we are. Love again, Mom
Post a Comment